Materials on this website were produced and / or compiled by the Joseph Schneider Haus National Historic Site, Region of Waterloo, with assistance from various partner sites, for research and noncommercial purposes, as a contribution to education and scholarship. Users of this website who access these images must comply with the Copyright / Terms and Conditions of Use as established by the Joseph Schneider Haus National Historic Site ("the JSH") which is owned and operated by the Regional Municipality of Waterloo.
The Institution holding ownership rights of the images and information related to a specific object on this site ("the Institution") will be noted on the object detail page in the 'Collection' field. For any objects belonging to a private collection, the JSH will act as a liaison between the user and the private collection. Any other images and information contained in this site where no Institution has been specified will be presumed to be owned by the JSH.
Users requesting permission from the Institution to use images and text should be aware that the Institution may have additional copyright / terms and conditions of use with which the requesting party must also comply.
Use of Images:
- Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public noncommercial use. Permission to use images, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge, in any publication, exhibition, film, video or tv broadcast, or on any cd or website, must be obtained from the Institution and / or JSH, in writing prior to use. Low resolution images are provided on the web site for personal research or other noncommercial purposes and fees do not apply.
- Permission, if granted, is for a one-time use only. Permission for reproduction, if granted, will be limited to the applicant only and is not transferable. Any subsequent change in use requires permission from the Institution and/or the JSH. An approved user may not reproduce, resell or permit others to reproduce the photographic copy or any facsimile of it. Additional copies must be obtained / and or purchased from the Institution and/or the JSH.
- The Institution must be credited with the reference number for each image used. Credits should appear in close proximity to the image or in a special section devoted to credits.
- If digital manipulation and / or modification in any way has taken place, an accompanying caption must indicate that the image has been altered and how it has been altered (manipulation, significant cropping, tinting, superimposing, etc.)
- If published in print, CD Rom or any other electronic form, one complimentary copy of each publication or CD Rom in which the photographic copy appears must be sent to the Institution.
- In authorizing the publication of images from the collection, the Institution does not surrender its own right to publish it, or to grant permission to others to do so.
- For any other use, visitors to this web site must obtain prior written authorization from the Institution and the JSH before reproducing or transmitting any image or text. Anyone who engages in unauthorized reproduction, alteration or transmission of any image or text will be subject to legal proceedings.