Baumann, John B.
Snider, Jacob C.
Early: 1848 - Late: 1848
Deed 2477 dated April 10, 1848 between John B. Bowman, Woolwich Township, yeoman; Lydia Bowman, his wife; and, Jacob C. Snyder, Waterloo Township, yeoman. One acre of Lot 36 German Company Tract, Woolwich Township was purchased by Jacob C. Snyder. The document was witnessed by Menno Snyder and Solomon Bauman. The document was printed by Henry Eby, Printer, Berlin, CW (Canada West). The deed was registered in the Registry Office of the County of Waterloo the Twenty eighth day of February A.D.1851 in Liber F Folio 261 Number of Memorial 2477.
Kitchener Public Library
85 Queen St. N. Kitchener 519-743-0271 x248 www.kpl.org
Marvin C. Smith in "St. Jacobs - It's Early History," Waterloo Historical Society, 56 (1968), 33-49, notes on page 33: On April 10, 1848 Jacob C. Snider bought a farm on the south side of the Conestogo River and in 1850 and 1851 built flour mill, sawmill, woolen mill, and dam. He sold out to his son Jacob on February 20, 1855. Other owners were H.F.J. Jackson 1856, George W. Eby 1857, and Jacob, Daniel, Peter and Martin Eby in 1860. Benjamin D. Snider became owner in 1863. He sold to E.W.B. Snider on December 31, 1870 and he operated it until 1917 when he sold to his son William Snider."
Region of Waterloo
Fraktur design based on Family Register by Jacob Shoemacher in Joseph Schneider Bible, 1821.