Snider, Jacob C.
Early: 1855 - Late: 1855
Deed 520 dated December 15, 1855 between Matthias Stricker, Woolwich Township, yeoman, Elizabeth Stricker, his wife, and Jacob C. Snider, Jr., St. Jacobs, yeoman. Snider purchased 2 1/2 acres, Lot 9 German Company Tract, Woolwich Township.
Kitchener Public Library
85 Queen St. N. Kitchener 519-743-0271 x248 www.kpl.org
Marvin C. Smith in "St. Jacobs - It's Early History," Waterloo Historical Society, 56 (1968), 33-49, notes on page 33: On April 10, 1848 Jacob C. Snider bought a farm on the south side of the Conestogo River and in 1850 and 1851 built flour mill, sawmill, woolen mill, and dam. He sold out to his son Jacob on February 20, 1855. Other owners were H.F.J. Jackson 1856, George W. Eby 1857, and Jacob, Daniel, Peter and Martin Eby in 1860. Benjamin D. Snider became owner in 1863. He sold to E.W.B. Snider on December 31, 1870 and he operated it until 1917 when he sold to his son William Snider."
Region of Waterloo
Fraktur design based on Family Register by Jacob Shoemacher in Joseph Schneider Bible, 1821.